Which fruits and vegetables are the best, maybe that's what you often ask yourself when you want to start eating lots of vegetables and fruits. When you want to start a healthy diet, you want to start with the best vegetables. The question is which vegetables and fruits are the best? The answer is easy: all vegetables and fruit are good.
If you eat various types of fruits and vegetables, you will definitely get all kinds of nutrients you need. The American Heart Association recommend filling at least half your plate with fruits and vegetables to make it reach 4½ cups every day. The good news is that all calculations produce, which means that not only fresh vegetables, frozen and canned vegetables can help you achieve that goal, although of course the nutrients will be different from fresh vegetables.
When buying canned and dried vegetables and fruit, be sure to compare food labels and choose products with the lowest amount of sodium and added sugar. Keep in mind that canned vegetables and fruit have added sugar and sodium.
Tips for Eating Lots of Vegetables and Fruits
- Eat melons, grapefruit or other fruit.
- Add bananas, raisins, or give to your cereal.
- Drink a small glass of juice (6 ounces). Make sure the fruit or vegetable juice is 100% without excess sodium or sugar – not “fruit drinks,” “cocktails” or “punch“
- Add chopped vegetables to your eggs or potatoes. Try onions, celery, green or red peppers, or spinach.
- Enjoy a fruit or vegetable salad with lunch.
- Place vegetables on your sandwich, such as cucumbers, sprouts, tomatoes, lettuce or avocados.
- Eat a bowl of vegetable soup. (Compare food labels and choose the product with the lowest amount of sodium that you can find in a store)
- Have a piece of fruit or raw vegetable stems instead of chips.
- Always keep raw vegetable stems, such as green or red peppers, green beans, celery or carrots.
- Bring dried fruit, such as raisins, dates or dried apricots, in your wallet or pocket.
- It has all kinds of fresh fruit: grapes, apples, bananas, oranges, kiwi, etc.
- On hot days, chew a bowl of cold fruits or vegetables such as grapes, peas or bananas.
- Enjoy a fruit or vegetable salad with dinner.
- Add steamed vegetables
- When you use the oven to cook your food, add whole potatoes, sweet potatoes or yams together.
- Add chopped vegetables such as onions, garlic and celery when cooking soups, soups, beans, rice, spaghetti sauce and other sauces.
- When making rice, add peas for the last three minutes to cook.
Next Steps So You Eat Lots of Vegetables and Fruits
If you have eaten lots of fruit and vegetables every day, you might be ready for the next step: include more colors. All fruits and vegetables contain vitamins, minerals and other nutrients that can help prevent heart disease, cancer, and other diseases. Some of these nutrients are fiber, potassium, folate, and vitamins A and C.
The best way to get various nutrients is to eat fruits and vegetables with a variety of colors. Eat from as many color groups as you can every day. This method will help you to eat more vegetables and fruits. Good luck.