Phlegm cough is one of the symptoms of a number of health problems such as chronic bronchitis and exacerbations. To overcome this condition, there are a number of types of medicines that you can use. One of these medicines is Erdostein. Learn more about Erdostein medication from its functions, side effects, to the following doses!
Summary of Erdostein Drug Information
|Drug category||Dry medicine|
|The level of safety of drugs for pregnant and lactating women according to the FDA||C|
|Drug function||Helps thin the phlegm|
|Drug contraindications||The use of drugs is not recommended if you have:
|Drug dosage||To help thin the phlegm in cases of acute exacerbation and chronic bronchitis (oral)
Adult: 300 mg / day. Use a maximum of 10 days
|Drug preparations||Capsules and syrup|
What Drug Erdostein?
Erdostein what medicine? Erdostein is a drug that falls into the mucolytic category. This drug is formulated to help thin and expel phlegm that has accumulated in the respiratory tract in cases of chronic bronchitis or acute exacerbations.
As an expectorant and mucolytic group, Erdostein has a mechanism of action that is to increase and decrease the viscosity of phlegm that has accumulated in the bronchi or trachea. Through such a mechanism of action, this drug is able to make thickened phlegm thinner so that it is easier to remove.
This drug is sold under various trademarks (other than generic), namely:
You can get Empagliflozin at the nearest pharmacy or drug store. However, you need a doctor's prescription to use this medicine. Do not buy and use drugs without a prescription from a doctor.
Erdostein drug function
As noted above, the function of Erdostein medication is to help thin the phlegm so that it is more easily excreted in cases such as:
- Acute exacerbation
- Chronic bronchitis
Erdostein Medication Warnings
In using this medicine, there are a number of important things that you need to know and understand. Check out the following explanation!
1. Contraindications to the drug Erdostein
The use of drugs is not recommended for people with a number of conditions. Because, this can reduce the effectiveness of drugs or even cause reactions that could be harmful to the body.
The conditions in question include:
- Hypersensitivity to this drug
- Impaired kidney function
- Impaired liver function (liver)
- Gastric ulcer
Tell your doctor before using Erdostein medicine if you have one of the conditions above so your doctor can find alternative substitutes which are safer to use.
2. Warnings and Attention of Other Erdostein Drugs
Meanwhile, warnings and other concerns that must be known before taking this drug are as follows:
- Do not take medication if you are also taking drugs that interact with this drug
- Stop using the drug if you experience a number of side effects such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and other side effects that may occur after taking them.
- If the symptoms of side effects do not go away in a long time, immediately consult a doctor
- Tell your doctor if you are taking certain drugs, have a drug allergy, or have a history of an illness.
Is Erdostein Drug Safe for Pregnant and Breastfeeding Women?
Doxazosin goes inside category C in terms of the level of safety for pregnant and lactating women based on the classification of United States Food and Drugs Administration (USFDA).
Category C given to the type of drug based on research-with animal objects-shows a negative impact on the fetus, but it is uncertain whether the same effect also occurs in humans.
On that basis, medicine with category C can be given to pregnant and lactating women ONLY if the benefits provided are greater than the risks posed.
Erdostein Drug Interactions
These drugs may interact if used together with certain types of drugs. Interactions that occur have an impact on decreasing the effectiveness of drug performance and cause certain reactions in the body.
If you are also currently taking other types of medicines, tell your doctor. If the doctor discovers a potential interaction, you may be given an alternative Erdostein substitute drug which is safer for consumption.
Side Effects of Erdostein Medication
The use of drugs is likely to cause symptoms of side effects. The symptoms of the intended side effects are as follows:
- Throw up
- Rashes on the skin
Please note, the symptoms of the side effects above are a natural thing and usually will subside after a while. However, you are advised to visit a doctor immediately if the symptoms do not seem to subside after some time for further examination.
Later, the doctor will determine whether the appearance of symptoms is related to drug use or not. If so, your doctor can advise you to stop using drugs and find alternative medicines that are safer for consumption.
Erdostein drug dosage
Judging from its designation, Empagliflozin belongs to the prescription drug category. That means, the use of these drugs can not be arbitrary and must be under the supervision of a doctor along with the prescription given.
The following is information about drug dosage rules that you need to know about.
1. In what form is Erdostein medicine available?
Empagliflozin is available in tablet and oral syrup with a number of trademarks and doses. This medicine can be obtained at the nearest pharmacy or drug store.
Make sure you choose the right drug brand according to your needs and, of course, recommendations from the treating doctor.
2. Doses of Erdostein Medication
This dosage information cannot be used as a reference because the dosage prescribed by your doctor may be different. Be sure to use drugs according to the rules of your doctor to avoid overdosing which might have a negative effect on your body.
The following general dosage rules for this drug:
To help thin the phlegm in cases of acute exacerbation and chronic bronchitis (oral)
Adult: 300 mg / day. Use a maximum of 10 days
How to use Erdostein medicine
The remedy for type 2 diabetes must be used properly so that its effectiveness is felt, even avoiding things that are not desirable (overdose, etc.).
The following are instructions or ways to use Empagliflozin that you need to know and understand:
- Be sure to use this medicine after getting a recommendation from a doctor who treats you.
- Make sure the drug is in a good condition both in terms of packaging and physical medicine itself.
- Take this medicine as directed by your doctor
- Take the medication in accordance with the dose mentioned above, or in accordance with the dose set by your doctor.
- Use this drug regularly, which is in the same timeframe every day ie every 24 hours (for a dose of once a day). Determine the schedule for drug use and do it every day consistently.
- If you forget to use the drug on a predetermined schedule, use it immediately when remembering (applies if the distance with the next drug use schedule is still far, for example in 12 hours). Avoid using drugs beyond the dose in lieu of missed schedules.
- Balance the use of drugs by drinking plenty of water, adequate rest, a low-sugar diet, and other activities according to your doctor's directions.
- If within a few weeks (the maximum use recommended by a doctor) your condition does not improve, immediately consult a doctor for further examination to find out the cause and what medical steps should be taken next
Erdostein Drug Storage Instructions
This medicine must be stored in the right place to maintain the quality of the drug. Here are instructions for storing drugs that you need to apply:
- Store medicine in a temperature of 20-25 degrees Celsius
- Avoid storing medicine in a damp place
- Avoid storing medicine in a place exposed to direct sunlight
- Keep out of reach of children
- This medicine has an expiration period. Dispose of medication immediately if it has entered an expiration period
- Erdosteine. https://www.mims.com/indonesia/drug/info/erdosteine?mtype=generic (accessed March 25, 2020)
- Erdostein. http://pionas.pom.go.id/monografi/erdostein (accessed March 25, 2020)
- Pregnancy Safety Guide. https://www.mims.com/malaysia/viewer/html/pregdef.htm (accessed March 25, 2020)